Category Archives: breast cancer
by S. D. Wells
(NaturalNews) Cancer strikes every other man and every third woman in the United States, and roughly 50 percent survive it. The cure, we are told by the mainstream media and doctors, is under way, but prevention is already nearly 100 percent proofed. Who knew? How could you take certain steps to preserve your cells, your DNA, and protect your body from the silent killer which has a thousand causes “they” won’t tell you about?
First, study this list of six steps that keep your cells from degenerating and mutating, thus keeping them from multiplying uncontrollably. If you want the secret to the 9th ill-wonder of the world, and if you don’t want your life to be “driven by suffering,” take a close look at the six-step plan for guarding your life from the “c” word:
1. Get rid of parasites and lingering waste in your organs, your intestines, and your entire cleansing system. Any food which isn’t excreted within 24 hours becomes a toxin in your body. Parasites can feed in this way. Food grade diatomaceous earth kills parasites in your body, naturally! Research the many uses of diatomaceous earth. Also, kidney and colon cleanses, and even a liver cleanse may be appropriate for you. Click on these links and make an educated decision. Then contact a Naturopath Physician for more advice and guidance:
2. Get the “Fooducate” app for your smart phone. If you don’t have smart phone, tell someone you know who does, and get the FREE app that scores food, tells you if it is GMO or not, tells you if its organic or not, or if it has ingredients you are allergic to, and best of all if those food “agents” cause cancer. Get in “the know” with “Fooducate:”
3. Go organic, at least 75 percent of what you consume, and make most of that raw vegetables and fruits. No more “corporate” GMO pesticide laden food for you and your family! No more fluoridated water or artificial sweeteners. Do your homework and click on these links for details. Also be careful of everything you put on your skin, including shampoo, conditioner, soaps, lotions, sunblock, cosmetics and the like:
Stop toxic fluoridation of water; “The great culling; our water!” (free short film)
4. Get “Kangen” water or another source of alkalized spring water (pure). Find out how an alkalized body beats down diseases and disorders and heals damaged cells. Get natural solutions to yournatural body chemistry. Check out findaspring.com and find mineral loaded spring water straight from the mountains. Make the most of these resources now. Change your total food intake to at least 75 percent raw organic vegetables and fruit:
5. Don’t eat cancer! In other words, don’t be a human filter. You are what you eat and what you put on your skin. Learn about chemicals in foods, drinks, candy, gum, cosmetics, lotions, toothpaste, shampoo, makeup and more:
6. Get the tools for transforming yourself into 100 percent organic, so you can think, feel and focus to the maximum capability of your beautiful body and spirit. Take care of yourself. Awaken! Your mind and body should be running on all cylinders, all of the time, feeding off of superfood fuel and organic raw nutrition: (http://www.naturalnews.com/030481_superfoods_nutrition.html)
Cancer is a chemically-driven disorder of the cells
Realize that cancer is avoidable if you live smart, buy smart and eat smart. Don’t fuel the “epidemic” which thrives off chemical food, chemical water, chemical skin care and chemical-laden medicine. Don’t fall for the big GMO lies and the allopathic doctor’s lies that contaminate your one and only body, the “temple of your soul.” Don’t trust the FDA and the AMA on food and medicine approvals. They don’t know about nutrition and they never have. Listen to nutritionists and the pioneers of longevity and “super” health, like Mike Adams the Health Ranger. Get the inside scoop on ideal health and powerful immunity, the natural way. Cancer has really only been an “epidemic” in the United States for about 75 years. Before that, there was rarely a case. That tells you a lot about modern day food and medicine!
Sources for this article include:
(NaturalNews) Curcumin is the active anti-inflammatory ingredient of turmeric. It has been used traditionally for centuries by Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. Currently, it may be western medicine’s most researched ancient medicinal herb.
Curcumin has been under scrutiny in clinical and epidemiological (statistical survey) studies by several researchers for arthritis relief, cardiac conditions, and other inflammatory based diseases. It’s even getting serious consideration for curing cancer these days.
Outstanding discoveries by even mainstream cancer researchers
On April 21, 2011, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, top Western medicine abandoned it’s normal research for new toxic chemo solutions for cancer to release a surprising paper on their curcumin research.
The researchers were amazed at curcumin’s ability to differentiate cancer cells from normal cells and create apoptosis (cell death) in cancer cells only, while actually promoting better cellular health in non-cancerous cells.
The MD Anderson Cancer Center was very interested in how curcumin and other natural compounds affected adverse epigenetic influences from free radical damage due to pollutants and other sources.
When adverse epigenetic influences begin, DNA damage occurs more rapidly than it can heal itself resulting in a chain reaction of gene activation or inactivation that create cell mutations – or cancer cells.
The researchers concluded that curcumin (diferuloylmethane) exerts its biological influence through epigenetic modulation, a process that continues downstream staying one step ahead of adverse genetic influences. Very heady stuff indeed.
More recently, a study from Zheijian Provincial People’s Hospital in Zheijiang, China indicates that curcumin is capable of inducing apoptosis (cell death) within triple negative breast cancer cells. Triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) is a type of cancer that defies conventional therapy.
A breast cancer chemotherapy drug, Tamoxifen, targets estrogen receptors. This makes the toxic drug less invasive to surrounding healthier cells. But TNBC doesn’t have estrogen and progesterone receptors to target, thus requiring non-targeting and more toxic chemo drugs.
The Triple Breast Cancer Foundation flashes pink like their sister charity Susan G. Koman and raises money that pays their solid salaries with some trickle down cash for dead-end research to Big Pharma’s never ending quest for high priced toxic ineffective chemicals.
Meanwhile, they ignore real prevention and natural, safe and inexpensive solutions for cancer. Here’s a reference for a list of several research papers on curcumin, many on cancer. (http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/curcumin)
There have been many positive studies on curcumin for cancer and other diseases. The good news is a lot has been from mainstream researchers. The two focused on here are simply the most recent and spectacular discoveries.
Even PubMed acknowledges curcumin’s anti-cancer capabilities for several different types of cancer.
Natural foods rich in flavanols, especially epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) found in green tea, has also been explored to be used in tandem with curcumin’s diferuloylmethane as a one-two punch for cancer. EGCG inhibits excessive angeogenesis, or excessive blood vessel creation.
We all have some free floating cancer cells. When excess angeogenesis occurs, it helps coagulate cancer cell colonies to use the new blood vessels and thrive as tumors.
Using curcumin properly
Heating turmeric powder in milk and coconut oil with a dash of black pepper will give you a healthy tonic that you can use daily to mollify chronic inflammation and help prevent cancer. This combination mimics traditional Indian cuisine and is necessary to get maximum absorption of turmeric’s curcumin.
For more acute issues, high dose curcumin is also available in enteric coated capsules with piperine, the active ingredient of black pepper that enhances nutritional absorption.
Enteric coating keeps the capsules from breaking apart and exposing their fragile curcumin to stomach acids. This allows the curcumin to get into the small intestines and into the blood. If you Google bioperine (piperine) enteric coated curcumin, you’ll find several suppliers.
Sources for this article include:
by Ethan A. Huff, staff writer
(NaturalNews) Though there is little meaningful talk about this important subject in the mainstream media, cancer prevention is something that every single person needs to be thinking about, especially in light of the excess of genetically-modified organisms (GMOs), environmental chemicals, and other modern exposures linked to rapidly rising rates of this deadly disease. And one of the best ways to avoid getting cancer is to fortify your body with a robust nutritional profile rich in cancer-fighting “superfoods.”
Research out of the City of Hope Cancer Center near Los Angeles, California, has determined that five specific superfoods possess demonstrable cancer-fighting benefits — and the good news is that most of them are generally available year-round at grocery stores nationwide. These superfoods include:
1) Mushrooms. Scientists from City of Hope were among the first to identify some of the cancer-fighting properties of mushrooms, having discovered that common white-button mushrooms are capable of slowing the growth of breast cancer tumors by targeting aromatase, a protein enzyme that biosynthesizes estrogen in the body. Since aromatase is linked to spurring breast cancer tumors, eating mushrooms can help stop these cancer cells from growing and spreading.
Researchers observed a similar benefit in men concerning prostate cancer. Mushroom extract was found not only to lower levels of prostate-specific antigen (PSA), a hormone linked to the development of the disease, but also to fortify the body’s own natural defenses in blocking lung and potentially other forms of cancer. (http://www.cityofhope.org)
2) Blueberries. Numerous studies have confirmed that blueberries effectively prevent breast cancer cells from not only multiplying and spreading, but also from surviving. Blueberry compounds have been shown to shrink the size of existing tumors, as well as block the proliferation of triple-negative breast cancers. (http://www.cityofhope.org)
3) Pomegranates. A superfood with a variety of unique benefits, pomegranates possess six unique substances that, like mushrooms, suppress aromatase, which roughly 70 percent of breast cancers need in order to grow and thrive. Besides preventing and fighting breast cancer, pomegranates have been shown to target many other forms of cancer as well, including colon cancer.
The specific cancer-fighting compounds in pomegranates include urolithin A (UA), methylated UA, acetylated UB, methylated UB, and UB sulfate, all of which are naturally-occurring phytochemicals that inhibit multiple estrogen-producing mechanisms responsible for spurring tumor growth. (http://www.cityofhope.org)
4) Cinnamon. Long utilized as both a spice and a medicine, cinnamon is a powerful cancer fighter in its own right, as it effectively blocks a protein that tumors need to establish a life-giving blood supply. Known as angiogenesis, this blockage of blood vessel growth prevents tumors from both growing and surviving. (http://www.cityofhope.org)
5) Grape seed extract. This one might be a little bit harder to find, as many grape varieties sold in stores are now seedless. But the compounds found in grape seeds are worth the extra effort to find, as they have been shown to help inhibit aromatase, which in turn blocks the formation of breast cancer. Grape seed extract also blocks the action of another protein responsible for spurring the growth and spread of cancer cells.
“City of Hope is uncovering important links between nutrition and the fight against cancer,” says the group on its website about this fascinating and ongoing research. “We have found that mushrooms may slow the growth of breast cancer, blueberries could slow down the spread of cancer, and grape seed extract might starve cancer cells.”
Sources for this article include:
by Dr. Keith Nemec
(NaturalNews) Breast cancer is the number one cancer that kills women. Surgery, chemotherapy and radiation have proved that there needs to be a more comprehensive approach to healing this disease. The answer can only be found when one truly understands that breast cancer is not caused by physical factors alone but like all disease, is holistic – meaning it only manifests when the body, mind, emotions and spirit are out of balance. When these four are in harmony, the stage is set for complete healing to occur.
Breast cancer must be looked at from an environmental and emotional perspective. So what makes cancer cells form and become so aggressive? The answer is found in the environment that the cells are raised in. If a person is laden with chemicals and toxins, if they are deficient in key vital nutrients, if they have had physical trauma or even worse, emotional trauma, all these factors press the button for normal cells to change into cancer cells.
German new medicine protocol
Breast cancer is linked to the emotional shocks of worry, fear and separation. These are not small day-to-day worries but major emotional shocks that usually caught the woman off guard. The first kind of breast cancer is of the mammary gland and is triggered by a worry or argument conflict with a spouse, child, mother or over the loss of the home. The second type of breast cancer is of the intraductal gland and is set off by a separation or fear conflict from a spouse, child, mother or home. In life, the physical is just a manifestation of the mental, emotional and spiritual states. What one sees in their body is a product of their thoughts, emotions and beliefs.
So how can you heal breast cancer? By healing your entire life. Start first by learning how to let go of being dependent upon others. People are made to be with one another but to not be codependent upon each other. If worry, separation and fear are the biggest triggers of breast cancer, then you must begin to emotionally condition yourself to be able to live a life without a spouse, child, home or whatever else you are so attached to that will trigger a disease in the body if its lost. Loss does cause a grieving period but then that time should be finished and you should move on to the next chapter of your life. A person who is at peace with themselves is a person who is healthy in many ways.
Physically, the way to heal is to get at least eight hours of sleep a night, preferably with four of those before midnight, and to eat a diet high in raw vegetables and fruits. Next is exercise; to move lymph fluid (where two thirds of the immune strength is found) and to increase oxygen levels in the body. Cancer cannot grow in high oxygen. Last but not least, is to live a life of reflection and meditation. Stilling yourself enough to be able to listen to the truth that is being spoken into the heart.
Breast cancer should not be something to fear but rather a call to go deeper in this journey called life. Instead of emotionally reacting, it should be a call to rise to the challenge that life has presented, a time to reevaluate each area of life and to seek where physical, mental, emotional and spiritual improvements can be made to make life better than it ever was. What appears to be the worst is really meant to become the best.
Sources for this article include:
An increase in cancer stem cell population after primary systemic therapy is a poor prognostic factor in breast cancer. Lee, Kim, Choi, Kang, Chung, Ryu and Park. British Journal of Cancer (2011) 104, 1730-1738.
Exogenous coenzyme Q10 modulates MMP-2 activity in MCF-7 cell line as a breast cancer cellular model. Bahar, Khaghani, Pasalar, Paknejad, Khorramizadeh, Mirmiranpour and Nejad. Nutrition Journal 2010, 9:62
Summary of the New Medicine- Dr. RG Hamer. Amici di Dirk (August 1, 2000)
About the author:
Dr. Keith Nemec is a holistic chiropractic physician who has been treating patients for the last 27 years. Dr. Nemec is the codirector with his wife Laurie of the Total Health Institute, an alternative and integrative medical facility which offers both inpatient and outpatient services. Total Health Institute is a treatment and teaching facility that has both natural physicians and alternative minded medical doctors working together as a team in Wheaton, Illinois. Thousands of people have restored their health at the Institute over the last 27 years. Dr. Keith & Laurie Nemec have published two books: “Total Health = Wholeness” and “Seven Basic Steps to Total Health”. They also host their own radio show “Your Total Health” five days a week in Chicago. For more information about Dr. Keith & Laurie Nemec and the Total Health Institute visit www.totalhealthinstitute.com
Fights Breast Cancer
Studies in Israel show that pomegranate juice destroys breast cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone. It may also prevent breast cancer cells from forming.
Studies in mice show that pomegranate juice may inhibit the development of lung cancer.
Slows Prostate Cancer
It slowed the growth of prostate cancer in mice.
Keeps PSA Levels Stable
In a study of 50 men who had undergone treatment for prostate cancer, 8 ounces of pomegranate juice per day kept PSA levels stable, reducing the need for further treatment such as chemotherapy or hormone therapy.
Protects the Neonatal Brain
Studies show that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice may protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Prevention of Osteoarthritis
Several studies indicate that pomegranate juice may prevent cartilage deterioration.
Protects the Arteries
It prevents plaque from building up in the arteries and may reverse previous plaque buildup.
Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention It may prevent and slow Alzheimer’s disease. In one study, mice bred to develop Alzheimer’s disease were given pomegranate juice. They accumulated significantly less amyloid plaque than control mice and they performed mental tasks better.
It lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) and raises HDL (good cholesterol).
Lowers Blood Pressure
One study showed that drinking 1.7 ounces of pomegranate juice per day lowered systolic blood pressure by as much as 5 percent.
Research suggests that drinking pomegranate juice may be a natural way to prevent dental plaque.